Drafted: 1st Round, 4th Overall 2011 First-Year Player Draft by the Baltimore Orioles out of Owasso H.S. (OK.).
- Baseball Reference
- Fan Graphs
- MLB Draft Scouting Video
Career Minor League Statistics
From MLB.com Draft Scouting Report:
"Bundy entered the spring considered one of the top high school arms in the Draft class, if not the best. And nothing has happened to change that evaluation. If anything, his performance at his Oklahoma high school has improved his standing. The right-hander has been dominant, featuring three plus to above-average pitches. His fastball is among the best in the Draft, touching 98 mph and sitting at 95 mph. It's got above-average movement to boot. He complements it with two good breaking pitches. He'll throw his curve 75-79 mph and it should be at least an above-average pitch with tight rotation and some bite to it. He's got an 83-85 mph slider which isn't quite as good as the curve now, but has the chance to be in the future. He has a changeup, though it's behind the other pitches. But even that one has the chance to be Major League average. He does it all with a strong, athletic frame and very good delivery, which should allow him to develop his already good control into excellent overall command of all his pitches. His future potential as a frontline starter had some teams very high up giving him serious consideration."Videos:
complete start against the Wilmington Blue Rocks on June 2nd, 2012:
Bundy strikes out Royals OF Brett Eibner:
pitching for the Class-A Delmarva Shorebirds against the Hagerstown Suns:
pitching for the Class-A Delmarva Shorebirds in his season debut (thanks to YouTube user ScoutingTheSally):
throwing a bullpen session during 2012 spring training (thanks to YouTube user encina76):
- Apr 23/2011: Dylan Bundy Scouting Report, Owasso H.S. - 100 MPH Fastball, by Don Olsen @ Orioles-Nation.com.
- May 20/2011: Long-toss debate shakes up MLB draft, by Jeff Passan @ Yahoo Sports.
- Apr 6/2012: Orioles' Bundy unhittable in pro debut, by Danny Wild @ Milb.com.
- Apr 17/2012: Bundy reaches 99 in latest no-hit start, by Danny Wild @ Milb.com.
- April 18/2012: Dylan Bundy: Prospect Video of the Day, by Daniel Jarrett @ MLBProspectPortal.com.