- Seattle Mariners RHP Taijuan Walker struck out eight batters and won his Double-A debut for the Jackson Generals reports John Parker for MiLB.com.
- Boston Red Sox RHP Matt Barnes had an outstanding pro debut, striking out nine batters over five innings while allowing just two hits and two walks for the Class-A Greenville Drive, reports Andrew Pentis for MiLB.com.
- Minnesota Twins 3B Miguel Sano hit two more home runs for the Class-A Beloit Snappers, reports Danny Wild for MiLB.com.
- Cincinnati Reds LHP Tony Cingrani had a strong debut performance in the Class-A+ California League, reports Ashley Marshall for MiLB.com. Cingrani was promoted two levels, completely skipping the Midwest League after an outstanding debut in the Rookie-level Pioneer League last year.
- Washington Nationals 3B Anthony Rendon sprained his ankle running the bases during Class-A+ Potomac's game last night, reports David Heck for MiLB.com. Rendon has been banged up with different leg injuries over the past two years, causing his draft stock to slide a bit leading up to the 2011 First-Year Player Draft, where he was eventually selected 6th overall by the Washington Nationals.