Drafted: 1st Round, 17th Overall 2012 First-Year Player Draft by the Toronto Blue Jays out of Stone H.S. (MS).
- Baseball Reference
- Fan Graphs
Scouting Report From MLB.com Top 100 Draft Prospects:
"Players who make a charge up draft boards are said to have “helium.” Davis was floating up about as quickly as anyone in the class.
Scouts have always known about Davis’s speed. It’s a plus – he might be the fastest player in the Draft class – and he knows how to use it, showing base-stealing acumen as well as very good range in center field. What’s made him a more complete prospect is how far he’s come with the bat. He’s showing the ability to use a better approach and hit the gaps, developing from a guy who can run to a guy who can hit and run. He doesn’t have a great arm, but it’s playable in center and the rest of his defensive tools are outstanding.
More than anything, Davis plays with high energy and seems to understand his game, profiling as a dynamic leadoff hitter type at the next level."
Career Minor League Statistics
MLB Prospect Portal reports tagged with D.J. Davis
- Sept 20/2011: 2012 MLB Mock Draft v 2.0, by MLBProspectPortal.com.
- Dec 15/2011: 2012 MLB Mock Draft v 3.0, by MLBProspectPortal.com.
- Feb 5/2012: 2012 MLB Mock Draft v 4.0, by MLBProspectPortal.com.
- Apr 11/2012: 2012 MLB Mock Draft v 5.0, by MLBProspectPortal.com.
- May 8/2012: Top 100 draft prospects for 2012, by Keith Law @ ESPN.com.
- May 20/2012: Appel No. 1 in first mock draft, by Keith Law @ ESPN.com.
- May 24/2012: Mock Draft: Projecting the first 20 picks, by Jonathan Mayo @ MLB.com.
- May 25/2012: Mock Draft 2.0, by Jim Callis @ BaseballAmerica.com.