The 2012 Midwest League All-Star Game was held last night by the Kane County Cougars in Geneva, Illinois. The East Division All-Stars put the boots to the West Division All-Stars, winning the game 18-2 on the strength of 20 base hits. Here are some points on notable players who took part in last night's game.
- Indians SS Francisco Lindor led off for the East, and finished the game 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Rays OF Josh Sale started in LF and batted fifth for the East. He went 0-for-2, with a walk and a run scored.
- Padres C Austin Hedges batted eighth for the East and went 2-for-3, with a double, three RBI's and a run scored.
- Rays 3B Tyler Goeddel batted ninth for the East and went 2-for-3, with a home run, two RBI's and a run scored.
- Blue Jays OF Chris Hawkins came on as a replacement in RF and batted 2-for-3.
- Dodgers 1B O'Koyea Dickson batted clean up for the East and went 2-for-3, with a home run, two RBI's and two runs scored.
- Padres RHP Adys Portillo got the start for the East and pitched a shutout first inning, allowing a walk.
- Blue Jays RHP Noah Syndergaard pitched a shoutout inning for the East, allowing just one hit.
- Diamondbacks RHP Archie Bradley pitched a perfect inning for the East.
- Royals OF Jorge Bonifacio batted third for the West and finished the game 0-for-3.
- Twins 3B Miguel Sano batted fifth for the West and went 0-for-1 with a walk.
- Angels 3B Kaleb Cowart came on as a pinch hitter for Sano and went 0-for-2.
Watch Video: Blue Jays RHP Noah Syndergaard pitching for the Class-A Lansing Lugnuts earlier this season: