It's obviously still very early, and because the 2012 season isn't over yet, the draft order is sure to change by the time all is said and done. For the time being, here's our first projected 2013 mock draft. We've used the inverse standings based on all games played upto and including August 2nd.
1. Houston Astros - RHP Mark Appel, Stanford
2. Colorado Rockies - OF Austin Meadows, Grayson H.S.
3. San Diego Padres - RHP Ryne Stanek, Arkansas
4. Chicago Cubs - OF Austin Wilson, Stanford
5. Kansas City Royals - LHP/OF Trey Ball, New Castle H.S.
6. Minnesota Twins - RHP Bobby Wahl, Mississippi
7. Philadelphia Phillies - LHP Sean Manaea, Indiana State
8. Miami Marlins - RHP Jonathan Crawford, Florida
9. Pittsburgh Pirates - 3B Colin Moran, North Carolina
10. Milwaukee Brewers - 3B Kris Bryant, San Diego
11. Seattle Mariners - OF Clint Frazier, Loganville H.S.
12. Cleveland Indians - RHP Karsten Whitson, Florida
13. Toronto Blue Jays - SS Oscar Mercado, Gaither H.S.
14. New York Mets - C Reese McGuire, Kentwood H.S.
15. Boston Red Sox - C Jeremy Martinez, Mater Dei H.S.
16. Arizona Diamondbacks - OF Justin Williams, Terrebonne H.S.
17. Tampa Bay Rays - RHP Dylan Covey, San Diego
18. Detroit Tigers - RHP Dustin Driver, Wenatchee H.S.
19. Baltimore Orioles - RHP Austin Kubitza, Rice
20. Los Angeles Dodgers - RHP Kohl Stewart, St. Pius X H.S.
21. St. Louis Cardinals - RHP Clint Hollon, Woodford County H.S.
22. San Francisco Giants - 1B Rowdy Tellez, Elk Grove H.S.
23. Los Angeles Angels - LHP Stephen Gonsalves, Cathedral Catholic H.S.
24. Oakland Athletics - 3B Cavan Biggio, St. Thomas H.S.
25. Chicago White Sox - OF Aaron Judge, Fresno State
26. Atlanta Braves - RHP A.J. Vanegas, Stanford
27. Pittsburgh Pirates - RHP Ryan Eades, LSU
28. Texas Rangers - RHP Josh Dezse, Ohio State
29. New York Yankees - RHP Brett Morales, King H.S.
30. Washington Nationals - OF Michael Lorenzen, Cal State Fullerton
31. Cincinnati Reds - SS Andy McGuire, Madison H.S.