Here are some notes from today's minor league spring training game between the Toronto Blue Jays and Atlanta Braves (AA/AAA in Dunedin):
- Josh Donaldson and Devon Travis continued to work their way back into game shape by taking multiple at-bats in both minor league games at the Jays minor league complex
- Donaldson hit a towering home run, and then proceeded to walk straight to the dugout
- Why you might ask? Because Donaldson is still recovering from a hamstring injury, and hasn't been cleared to run the bases just yet. Good to see his swing in mid-season form!
- Alex Jackson hit a massive home run for the Braves
- Jackson was acquired by Atlanta over the offseason for Rob Whalen and Max Povse
- Atlanta has shifted Jackson back behind the dish after the Mariners tried the Bryce Harper route, moving Jackson to the outfield to accelerate his path to the big leagues
- In Atlanta, and back behind the dish, Jackson no longer will be rushed. If given the proper time to develop, the Braves could reap big rewards.
- Sean-Reid Foley took the mound for the Blue Jays today and looked sharp, racking up multiple strikeouts.
- Ronald Acuna hit an OPPO TACO home run, showing off his power. Acuna, who just turned 19 in December, played in the Australian Baseball League over the offseason to pick up some extra at-bats after posting just 154 combined between the GCL and Class-A Rome in 2016.